Hanford Joint Council, Report Regrading Programs for Beryllium-Exposed Workers, 2002.
Hanford Building Trades Medical Screening Program Website. There is a new health program for former construction workers of the DOE Hanford site. This website is designed to help inform and educate you about this program and the seriousness of possible exposures you may have had at Hanford.
Knowing Endangerment; Worker Exposure to Toxic Vapors at the Hanford Tank Farms, 2003 report by the Tom Carpenter and the Government Accountability Project
Beryllium Disease Prevention at Hanford, 2009 Hanford Advisor Board advice to DOE on this important worker health hazard
Nuclear plant workers show higher cancer risks, 2008 news article
Environmental Asbestos Exposure Website created by The Mesothelioma Center containing information and resources regarding exposure to asbestos.
Chemical Vapors in Hanford’s Tank Farms
Documents containing lists of chemicals found in Hanford’s tank farms:
- 1944-1979 Inventory of Chemcials Used at Hanford Production Plants and Support Operations
- 2005 to 2009 Above 50 percent OEL tanks vapors
- 2006 CH2 IH Tech Basis COPC list
- Toxic Effects of Tank Headspace Chemicals
Hanford Chemical Vapor Reports
- Knowing Endangerment: Worker Exposure to Toxic Vapors at the Hanford Tank Farms, 2003 report written by the Government Accountability Project’s Nuclear Oversight Program
- May 2004, HSS Investigation of Worker Vapor Exposure and Occupational Medicine Program Allegations at the Hanford Site
- July 2004, NIOSH Health Hazard Evaluation Report, HETA #2004-0145-2941
- June 2008, The Industrial Hygiene Chemical Vapor Technical Basis Review: This report was commissioned by the Hanford Concerns Council following concerns about the contractor’s vapor protection program for workers.
- September 2010, Independent Review Panel Report on Chemical Vapors Industrial Hygiene Strategy: This was a second report commissioned by the Hanford Concerns Council following continuing concerns about the implementation of chemical vapor protections for workers.