When Hanford workers approach us with information regarding environmental, safety, or management issues, we use that information to benefit other workers and, in many cases, the general public, while providing assistance to the insider. Even though Hanford Challenge is a new organization, we’re a well-known resource for Hanford employees who need to handle a workplace complaint, file a compensation claim, or seek unbiased medical treatment.
We help Hanford workers in several significant ways:
- We offer information to wisely handle workplace complaints or whistleblower situations
- We provide an expanded list of independent medical resources untainted by “company town” politics
- We clarify how to file medical treatment and compensation claims
- We offer a worker’s guide to the EEOICPA and related compensation processes
- We communicate with contacts who have shared their successful claims experiences, as well tragic failures, to help us guide others through the process
Hanford contractors are exempt from the occupational safety and health standards commonplace almost everywhere else in America. Our goal is to protect Hanford workers and to help them protect themselves.
Hanford Building Trades Medical Screening Program: There is a new health program for former construction workers of the DOE Hanford site. This website is designed to help inform and educate you about this program and the seriousness of possible exposures you may have had at Hanford.
Knowing Endangerment: Worker Exposure to Toxic Vapors at the Hanford Tank Farms, 2003 report the Government Accountability Project
Systemic Injustice: Hanford’s Workers’ Compensation Program, 2006 report by the Government Accountability Project