Hanford Reporting Archive
- Tank Farm Closure & Waste Management Environmental Impact Statement, Department of Energy Office of River Protection, Posted November 24, 2009
- Trial over Hanford union infighting under way, Tri-City Herald Hanford News, November 22, 2009
- Hanford Challenge of Seattle plans summit today, Tri-City Herald Hanford News, November 19, 2009. For more information on the Hanford Summit, seeHow Hanford Works.
- Experts Question Hanford’s Waste Treatment Plant, KPLU, November 16, 2009
- State’s Stimulus Take Hefty; Hanford cleanup brings in bulk of federal funding, The Spokesman Review, November 2, 2009
- Even Rabbit Droppings Count in Nuclear Cleanup, The New York Times, October 15, 2009
- Hanford Waste Import Moratorium Questioned, Tri-City Herald, October 30, 2009
- EPA’s Secret Plan to Raise Public Radiation Exposure Levels Challenged, October 29, 2009
- Moratorium on Shipping Radioactive Waste to Hanford Broadened, Tri-City Herald, October 28, 2009
- Comment Period for Rulemaking Petition to Protect Nuclear Whistleblowers – Dec 15 Deadline, Posted October 16, 2009
- GAO Report: $100 Billion Price Tag Possible for Tank Waste Cleanup, Calls for Leaving Some Wastes Behind – See story in Tri-City Herald, and here is the link to the GAO report.
- Hanford Construction Workers Were at Risk of Certain Cancers, Tri-City Herald, September 2, 2009
- Marco Kaltofen’s Thesis Published: Microanalysis of Heterogeneous Radiation in Particulate Matter as an Aid to Nuclear Source Identification, August 2009. This thesis was published after a Hanford dust study conducted by Kaltofen using scanning electron microscopy and X-Ray to study individual particles. Kaltofen identified hot particles within small sample sets, which pose a different environmental risk than uniform low-level radioactivity.